8/6/07

Lake Creek 8-5

I spent the weekend working on my cabin near Lake Creek and talked with a lodge owner and watched the fisherman at the mouth of Lake Creek. The silvers are being caught very consistantly in Lake Creek in the confluence and up in the clear water. We watched for 20 minutes and must have seen 15 fish landed between 10 groups of fisherman. The upper and lower portions of the creek are also producing some nice rainbows according to the lodge owner. We did not venture up the creek so I have no way of verifying this report but this time of the year generally produces rainbows there. The Yentna came up close to 30" over the weekend and there was alot of debris floating down Sunday, I cleand my outboard 7 times from Lake Creek to the shortcut. The Big Su was clean and I only saw one floating tree from the shortcut to the landing.