7/6/08

Little Su 7-6

I fished the little Su today for Kings with three clients. We had five bites and landed three kings. Two were jacks, we threw one back. The fish we kept was a 22 pound female that had a dark red tint and a pronounced seal scar on her tail. The river has dropped significantly and was very clear. I saw several schools of Sockeys, Chums, and/ or Pinks swimming upstream in the lower river. I also saw one silver in a hole and a few chums in another hole. I would expect that by mid to Late July the fishing for the other salmon species should improve greatly.
The fish have turned the corner on quality, Wednesday will be my last day King fishing the Little Su.
we saw a cow and calf moose this morning on a beach as well as several eagles. Another point of interest is that there is a Brown bear hanging around the first island below the landing. Buzz told me that he has been spotted early in the morning and they have the hiking trails posted with warning signs.

Greg