6/11/07

Deshka 6-11

Revised, I visited with Ron from Rons Riverboat service and another Deshka guide this morning. The Deshka is heating up, it sounds like I may be a day late with the news but here it is. The Big Su dropped about two feet and the Deshka began to flow clear at the mouth. The water temps are still high but the flow has increased fishing productivity. The fishing in the morning has been good at the mouth. Ron reported that guys are coming and going all day long, indicating they were catching fish all day long. The fishing upstream has been good with some periods of increased activity. The guide informed me that schools of fish were moving through frequently providing his clients with new fish to catch. The weir count as of June 10 was 204 that day with a total of 980 fish for the year. This spike looks like it may be very similar to the previous years, just delayed about 1-week. Assuming that this is the case the next few days should hold increasingly better fishing reports and the fish should be moving up river in larger schools. If I had to pick one day to fish this week, I would try the 15th.
Other reports indicated that the fishing was slow at the mouth and there was lots of boat traffic. I will assume that this was true and I called The Deshka Landing Charters and Lodge. Their boat was down yesterday so they did not fish but they told me the fishing was still slow at the mouth and better up stream. I will visit with the guide this evening and get a full report.