6/13/07

Little Su 6-13

I had four clients cancel a trip this morning but I made the best of it and took my wife and nephews fishing. I fished a total of three hours and spent 30 minutes of that sitting on the anchor while visiting with another guide on the phone. We caught one king about 15 lbs and had two other bites. The king was caught on a Spin-n-Glo behind a jetplaner back trolling. The river appeared to be busy for a weekday, the parking lot was full and the fishing was slow. I went down river and there were not many fisherman below the landing. The majority must be fishing upriver. I heard that several of the guides were were skunked or caught a couple of fish failing to limit out, I would assume that the regular fisherman did not fare any better. I did visit with two gentleman that had caught two fish, The were fishing from the shore upriver pitching a #5 Chartruse Vibrax. There are fish in the river but they do not seem willing to strike. I assume that it is due to the low water levels, water temperature and boat traffic but I am not a King Salmon so who knows. The water was slightly lower today than yesterday. The fish count at 4pm was 43 fish, yesterday it was 44.