6/17/07

Little Su 6-17

I took two clients out this morning for King Salmon. We hooked three fish and landed two weighing 34 and 14 pounds. I offered to let the smaller fish go but it was the first king salmon of a lifetime and there was no way it was going back in the river. I had the fish cleaned and the folks on the way by 8 am so I went down river to see how I would do on my own. I hooked and landed a 30 ponder in about 15 minutes. I must admit, the bite looks different when it is a client, but it felt great to have the rod in hand on an aggressive take. It was also a great feeling to fight a fish with so much power, they have a tendency to take more runs when you run the boat and fight the fish at the same time. He is in the refrigerator and will make for some great barbecue in the very near future. The fish I caught was turning red but had sea lice on the tail, I have begun to see more kings with a reddish hue and a few dark red fish landed. I have no idea how the other guides did today, I think I was the first to the landing, and they were not back yet.
We have a few openings this week so give us a call if you are looking for some good fishing action on the Little Su.