6/16/07

Little Su 6-16

I had four clients that failed to show today so I took my wife, mother and nephews fishing. We caught one king salmon in the afternoon. It was about 15 pounds. I admit that we did not fish very hard and I scouted a few new holes for quality and snags. We fished about two hours. I visited with the other guides on the river and the fishing remains about the same as it has been over the past two weeks. Nothing exceptional, but very consistent about one bite per hour on average. The water has come up a couple of inches and the warm temperatures and evening showers in Hatcher Pass should bring the water up more. It is now at the approximate 50 year average for the normal level.
A side note the Troopers and the Park Ranger were patrolling the river today, I am sure they were busy as I have seen a variety of violations almost daily and the river has very busy on the weekends. If you go out make sure your flares are current and you have a throwable, these seem to be the most common equipment infractions cited.