6/7/07

Little Su Kings 6-8

June 6th, I visited with another guide that fished the Little Su. The water has come up and I expect it to continue to rise through today. The water was dirty and visibility is low, the fish however are coming into the river as he saw more roll today than previous days. He fished hard and caught 4 fish using Kwikfish, Wigglewarts, Tadpollys and Spin-n-glo’s. The fish did not seem to have preference. I have three guests on the 8th and will report back in the evening.

June 4th, I did not fish today but the water level is rising according to the USGS gaging station web site. There are rain clouds over the headwaters of the Little Susitna River this evening and I expect the water to come up even more. I expect the fishing to improve over the week due to improved conditions and the maturation of the run. I spoke with another guide and he caught 4 king salmon with 4 fisherman this morning.

June 2nd, We fished a late night trip with three guests. The river is still very low and fishing conditions remain challenging. We had two bites and landed two King Salmon. The third fisherman had a great time even without having a bite. We saw eagles, geese, ducks, shore birds, beavers and a muskrat on the trip. The river has more fish coming in with every tide and I expect the fishing to pick up as warm day temperatures and evening rains bring the water level up.