6/10/07

Little Su Kings 6-10

June 10th, I fished with four family members today. The water remains high and was very dirty, this is likely due to heavy boat traffic. We had three bites and landed one king salmon approximately 15 pounds. We started the day late approximately 8am and there were several boats in most of the holes I frequent. I fished several new holes and attribute the low numbers of bites to low visibility. I visited with two guides from Trophy Catch and they caught several fish earlier in the day. We saw another cow moose with a calf, a goose and her gosslings, a beaver or muskrat and two bald eagles.

June 8th, I fished this morning on the Little Susitna river. I had three clients and each landed a king salmon. The fish weighed 30, 25 and 15 pounds. The fish were caught on K15 Kwikfish, WiggleWart and a Spin-n-Glo. All of the fish were dime bright and two of them had sea lice. I noticed a few fish rolling in the lower river and saw several fish on as I returned to the landing. I visited with another guide from Trophy Catch Charters and he said the fishing was good for him as well but there is still not the numbers of fish stacked in every hole that is to be expected this time of year. The water has come up significantly and remains dirty. We saw two cow moose and their calves this morning on the run down river, as well as a beaver, eagles, cranes and shore birds. It was a great day to fish.
As a side note Larry Csonka was on the river yesterday and today with a film crew and I expect to see some great fishing adventures next season. This is the second time I have fished the same water with Mr. Csonka this year. Previously I fished the winter King derby in Homer and he was there with his crew. It appeared that he landed a 30+ pound fish today. He was very gracious as he visited with fisherman at the landing and he even signed a few autographs.